Mission & Vision
Building upon its tradition of excellence, the Department of Animal Science discovers, develops, and disseminates scientific knowledge to advance the animal and food industries.
The Department of Animal Science has preeminent programs in teaching, research, and extension that will continue to serve societal needs related to the animal and food industries.
The Department of Animal Science will:
- be recognized as an outstanding Department of Animal Science in the United States and internationally, attracting and retaining the best students, faculty, and staff.
- develop life-long learners who understand science, can think creatively and analytically, treat others with honesty and respect, and are prepared to serve and lead the animal and food industries with confidence.
- conduct cutting-edge fundamental and applied disciplinary and multidisciplinary research with active participation of undergraduate and graduate students, producers, and industry.
- provide excellent extension programs that result in an informed clientele and opportunities for economic development in the state, region, nation and world.
- facilitate communication, collaboration, and coordination among teaching, research, and extension activities both within and outside the Department, Division, and University.